Monday, February 25, 2013

Infinite Possibilities

I don't want to know the truth. I just want a little honesty. It's in the words you choose and the way you deliver them. Be careful. You can tell someone the truth and still be dishonest.

I once encountered a thief who stole a flower from a woman by apologizing for stealing it before it even happened. "I had a dream about that flower you are holding," he said, "I think it meant something to me when I stole it." She didn't give it to him, but noticed that later in the day it was gone.

I like numbers because they represent infinite possibilities with finite solutions. In order to get to point B, you have to start at point A. The paths may be different, but the destination is still the same.

There was this time when I saw a man dance even though he was in a wheel chair. He spread his arms like an eagle and soared without moving. He heard music, he said, in the length of his arms. It felt safe to stretch for something he couldn't reach.

I think it's easier to face the truth when we tell ourselves lies because eventually the lie becomes the truth or the truth becomes the lie, and we can't remember when one came before the other.