Friday, November 11, 2016

We Humans

Please stop spreading the hate. I know we may all be scared & frightened and the future may seem uncertain, but it is still yet to come. Do not do something today that you will regret tomorrow. It may very well be something you might not recover from.

Please remember we are intelligent beings who can hold many differing views and still function. I believe in God & religion, and I believe in science & evolution. I believe in spirituality, and I believe in technology. I believe that life is linear & cyclical at the same time, and that time itself may very well be just a paradox that we are imprisoned in. I believe in the existence of heaven & hell, and I believe in the phenomenon of reincarnation. I believe that the universe is so massive that we cannot possibly be alone, and I believe that we are very much alone. I believe in kindness & I believe in madness. I believe that we have to save our own damn selves, and I believe that I have seen angels save you and me. What I don't believe in is that God put us here so that we can confine ourselves to being only as good as we have always been, yesterday, everyday. I believe that we are capable of so many great things. Is it too much for me to believe that we cannot dredge up a little empathy to offer each other?

"For all our failings, despite our limitations and fallibilities, we humans are capable of greatness."

- Carl Sagan