Sunday, March 18, 2018

"Everyone is going through something that we can’t see."

https://www.themaven.net/sustainablehuman/space-between-stories/everyone-is-going-through-something-_1jQoXKP70aZkWsxKL5fng

This article speaks volumes about the stigma of mental health, but mental health is so important.

For me, it’s like the ceiling is falling down and I’m trying to hold it up but then the walls start to cave in too. So do I let it crush me or do I move on? I move on and I keep moving on until one day it catches up to me. The road behind me is destroyed and I’ve just slammed into a wall. Yet, my demons are still there. So I turn to face them, and I hope that I will win but I know that I may not.

Please remember that we all can fall apart, we all can have moments where we can’t catch our breath, and the floor drops from under us and we just want to give up. So many of us suffer in silence and alone, but we are not alone. We are not sad stories. We are not victims. We are not pitiful. We are life happening to us, and we just need a little help. As much as it can be beautiful, life can be just as devastating.

I am indebted to the ones who have walked this journey with me, the ones who have walked into the darkness with me, and even the ones who just waited for me on the other end. Please check in with the ones you love, check in with the ones who love you. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask; and if someone should be kind enough to offer help, try to accept it. I know I'll never judge you because your story may not be so different from mine.