I used to be annoyed by, or better yet, jealous of the people who brought it, conquered it, slayed it…that mentality scared the frick out of me. I was the one who sat in the back of the classroom and prayed “Dear God, please do not pick me.” I was afraid that I wouldn’t rise to the challenge, and even if I did, it would be a road littered with a massive mess, unconquered and unslayed, and I definitely wouldn't have known what to bring. I’ve learned now that there are many ways to rise to a challenge.
Now, I am in awe of the people who bring it, conquer it, slay it because I know I do not belong to that group. My group is vulnerable, conflicted, reluctant, unequivocally scared. My road is a mess, I conquer ungracefully, I slay unsteadily, and I still don't know what to bring, but I am at peace with that.
I am rising to meet it.
Now, I am in awe of the people who bring it, conquer it, slay it because I know I do not belong to that group. My group is vulnerable, conflicted, reluctant, unequivocally scared. My road is a mess, I conquer ungracefully, I slay unsteadily, and I still don't know what to bring, but I am at peace with that.
I am rising to meet it.