Tuesday, February 11, 2020

February Love Project: Day 11 - Friendly Love

I’ve had to learn over and over again how to appreciate my friends. I’ve lost a few of them over the years, some colleagues, others fair-weathered, and a handful of close friends. I’m just not that good at weathering loss.

Regardless of how those friendships ended, I eventually did find value in them. Some were just passing through. Those who stayed a bit came with a lesson. Those who stayed a little longer came with a purpose. And those few who stayed through it all, they came with a blessing.

I’ve only a handful of close friends, but that’s not for lack of trying. They don’t know each other, so I’ll never enjoy all of their company at once. I appreciate them more than they ever will know. Their superpowers are listening, understanding, accepting, engaging, and encouraging me along on this little journey of mine.

I hope your friends are as super as mine.