I am thankful for the kind of love that lets me breathe, the kind of love that doesn’t demand so much from me.
I find that kind of love early in the mornings, before the sun comes up, before my children are awake, before the day starts to get away from me.
I find that kind of love when I’m exhausted and frustrated, when I make mistakes and say unkind things, when my children see me like that and love me anyway.
I find that kind of love at places where people talk and listen and interact, where difficult conversations are had and are met with commitment and understanding.
I find that kind of love requires people to be exactly who they are without judgement and without exultation from God or from any other higher power from above.
I find that kind of love in people who show up for each other when life is easy as well as when life is challenging, when love is more about compassion than it is about joy.
I find that kind of love exists somewhere between being surrounded by everyone I love and being left completely alone, where love nourishes me and gives me space to move.